Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chocolate Banana "Ice Cream"

This was amazing. Simple. Awesome. Dairy free. Gluten free. Sweet, yet low in calories and fat free. Chocolatey. Creamy. Just good.

I feel like this "ice cream" recipe has been all over food blogs and if you're an avid food blog reader and/or poster I'm sure this is nothing new to you but it was my first time trying it and I LOVED it. Totally satisfied my ice cream craving after that great gluten free lasagna that I made.

All you need:
  • 1 large frozen ripe banana, broken or chopped into small sections
  • 1T cocoa powder

Place ingredients into a blender or food processor (I used the Magic Bullet) and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of blender a few times to get everything incorporated. But once done, the texture is going to be so smooth and creamy you'll think you're eating a delicious ice cream (or gelato!). You can also do this with the banana alone...or maybe add some vanilla extract...or a little peanut butter....maybe mint extract AND cocoa...or any other flavor you can think of :) I'm definitely going to experiment this week! 
Oh, did I mention it was only about 120 calories?? And is a serving of fruit?? Just sayin'...


***Update: My favorite combo was banana with a few drops of peppermint extract and cocoa powder! Chocolatey-minty delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment