Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fun & {healthy} Cheese Dip!

I cannot take credit for this on my own since I pretty much adapted this straight from one of my favorite food bloggers Green Lite Bites! I've been following Roni's blog for about 3 years after I stumbled upon it in grad school after searching for "easy, healthy" recipe ideas. Check her out if you haven't already...she's fantastic!

This cheese dip that she made looked and WAS so quick, easy and super fast. It is a great dip for veggies, pretzels, whole grain bread, etc! Plus it tasted so good, you'd never know it was only 110 calories.

I surprisingly couldn't find the cheddar Babybel cheese at my grocery store so I decided to try it with the original and it still turned out fantastic!

Here's what I used:

  • 1 mini Babybel original
  • 1 Laughing Cow Light, Queso Fresco flavor
  • 1T skim milk
Here's what I did:
Microwave Babybel for about 30 seconds until soft then stir a bit. Add the Laughing Cow cheese wedge and microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Add in the milk and continue to microwave and stir in 15 second intervals until smooth.

Enjoy with your choice of healthy dip-able treats! 





No comments:

Post a Comment