Saturday, August 28, 2010

Gooooood Morning



(this is sleepy me in the morning....eeks!) 

Sigh*...sometimes working 2 jobs really does take a toll on the body. I worked last night at the restaurant along with working a full 8.5hr day at the hospital (16hr day total...) and when I woke up this morning I felt like a train wreck! My feet ache, my muscles are just TIRED and I feel like the only place I can move from my bed to is the couch...so that is exactly what I did! Spoke to the mom for a good while and kicked back to some channel flipping (I always go between Bravo, HGTV, Food Network (duh!), and Lifetime). I got sucked into a Winsor Pilates informercial and committed Mari Winsor's new pilates workout to memory for a future Christmas present haha...oh, how I enjoy pilates. After watched the Neelys on FoodNetwork make their pigs-in-a-blanket (yum!) I worked up quite an appetite and moved on to MY breakfast...hopefully a bit healthier than the piggies but also good haha.

I stuck with my multi-grain toast with pumpkin seeds that I got at Trader Joes (LOVE this place!), toasted with some crunchy peanut butter and some antioxidant packed fresh cherries! Cherries are soooo good for you! I know there has been discussion about cherries reducing inflammation in the body, reducing cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of cancer, easing the pain of those who have arthritis or gout, helping with sleep, etc...I'm definitely NOT endorsing those effects but not saying that they are not true. It is true that they contain antioxidants, vitamins (good source of vitamin C), fiber (3gm/cup), and are fairly low in calories (a cup of cherries has <100 calories)...but they are so good! You can eat them plain, slice them up and put them in yogurt or top your ice cream/frozen yogurt with them (I love them in my nonfat greek yogurt!), put them in all kinds of desserts (who doesn't love a good cherry pie??), make jams, etc. This is one fruit that I've found that nearly ALL kids love as well! To make them easier to eat I use my cherry pitter...and that also makes them more safe for the kids to reduce their risk of choking on the pit. It only takes a minute or two to pit a cup of cherries and then, voila! a healthy snack or compliment to a meal. LOVE them! 

I also have my Dunkin' Donuts coffee...gotta have my morning cup o' joe with a splash of half 'n half :) I can't do the artificial creams anymore...all those preservatives, sugar, and other ingredients that I can't pronounce...I'll stick to my regular cream and just use a small amount. A tablespoon is really all I need! 

Heading off to a relaxing day by the pool now...gotta love a great day off in August! Good day all! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment