Sunday, August 29, 2010

Smoothie week!!!

I recently got a new subscription to the magazine Vibrant Life and really enjoy it! They have a ton of great health information and nutrition packed food recipes. The first issue I received had a bunch of great tips for going vegetarian (see my section on my Vegetarian Week!). The second issue was all about smoothies and it really inspired me to come up with my own! It will be my goal this week to come up with a new smoothie for my morning breakfast or a on-the-go meal for my busy afternoons (when I get home from the hospital I have approximately 30 minutes to prepare myself for the restaurant and that doesn't leave me much time for a quality meal!). So with my blender washed and prepped on my kitchen table...I'm set to take on Smoothie Week. :) Look to my Grocery List for this week's prep materials! More info to come on why smoothies can be so good for you (hint: loaded with vitamins and minerals, high in protein, provides you with your fruits and veggies that you need to stay healthy, great taste, fun for kids and adults, etc.)...but here is a sneak peak into what I'm thinking:

  • Raspberry Spinach chiller (YES, I'm taking a risk and adding some greens!)
  • Peaches 'n Cream Dream
  • Cherry Almond Goodness
  • Chocolate-y Peanut Butter Banana
  • Vanilla Blueberry Powerhouse
I'll keep you posted ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment