Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cherry Almond Goodness!!!

This was great!!!! I just really wanted a smoothie that was fairly simple and a bit on the sweeter side and this really made my taste buds smile :) I've already mentioned how much I LOVE cherries and I really wanted to incorporate them into a smoothie. So after buying my frozen cherries last weekend I got to thinking of what combo I could come up with that may be a bit different....and silly ol' me thought: "One of my favorite scents is my Cherry-Almond body lotion"...hmm...that may be a delicious smoothie!! Haha...so I combined the cherries with some almond milk, protein powder, flax and voila! A simple, satisfying and nutritional drink!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup frozen cherries (you can also use fresh if you have them!) 
  • 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 T ground flaxseed
  • Ice cubes (optional)
Blend frozen cherries and almond milk until smooth. Add in protein powder, vanilla and flax and blend until smooth. Add in the ice cubes if you'd like and blend to desired consistency. This is approximately 250 calories and 22gm protein. Try this for the antioxidants, fiber, protein, and calcium! 

No comments:

Post a Comment