Sunday, February 20, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad

Gluten free meal #1!!! For some reason I just had a major hankering for chicken salad and wanted something new, crunchy and healthy tasting. I don't like my chicken salad too creamy and didn't want to add a lot of mayonnaise because of the fat content. So I thought back to my recent blue cheese dip recipe and how the Greek yogurt worked so well so I thought I'd add this to the chicken and go with it! The curry came into play from our Thai dinner last week...I had this amazing red chicken curry and it was fabulous!

Here's what I used:

  • 1# Chicken breast, cooked and chopped into small chunks
  • 2 Stalks of celery, finely chopped
  • 4 Green Onions, chopped (white parts and most of green parts used)
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 2T light mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt

Basically I boiled a few chicken breasts for 10-12 minutes until done, cooled them off and chopped them into chunks. Then mixed them well with all the rest of the ingredients and voila! A very tasty chicken salad! I served this with corn tortillas and topped them with a light sprinkle of mozzarella! So light, flavorful and the vegetables make it more filling! 

I estimated this to be about 4 servings at 150 calories and 23 grams of protein per serving (not including tortillas). Serve with your choice of bread, tortillas, crackers, etc! 


No comments:

Post a Comment